Sunday, August 3, 2008

Tales of a reaquainted couple.

KID -FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

That's how we spent our weekend. We have been very blessed the past two weeks with Grandmothers offering to keep our kids for awhile. Two weeks ago, they stayed with my mom from Sunday through Saturday. This past week, they stayed with Jim's mom from Thursday until this afternoon.

So what do two married adults do when they are suddenly faced with no kids in the house?

Oh, get your minds out of the gutter!

Let's see....Friday night we went to see The Dark Knight, the latest Batman flick. While I loved Batman Begins, I HATED The Dark Knight. Heath Ledger was magnificent as The Joker, but the character was played a little too much like a serial killer rather than a funny prankster. There were a lot of situations that involved timed bombs. After the 1995 Oklahoma bombing, I do not find these amusing or fun to watch. In fact, they terrify me.

Afterwards, we shared a small chocolate milkshake from Sonic to make me feel better. :)

Saturday was chore day! I bought groceries while Jim mowed. Yee haw. Saturday afternoon, though, we both sat here and played World of Warcraft together. Fun! Then we went to Lowe's to buy home repair items. (That lovely pond we built is green......yuck!)

For supper, we had some sirloin filets by Sam's Choice. Grilled by Jim, the grillmaster. They were absolutely delicious! They were only $10 for 4 in a box. You all should try them. We also used Jim's mandoline to make our own french fries! I even fried them myself. (I used Salma's oven mitts as armor. Mark will understand. :)

We finished off with fresh strawberries from Walmart that actually tasted good. (long story)

Today we are headed to church and then to meet the girls half-way. They are probably going to be wiped out!

This week, the girls have dentist appointments tomorrow morning. Maybe this time Beta will be better behaved. She's been to the dentist twice in her life, and both times have been marked by clinched teeth and screaming. Pediatric dentistry is not for the faint of heart, I tell ya.

Friday, Alpha will have her surgery to correct her ankyloglossia. Or tongue-tie. More on that later.

Have a good week everyone!

2 comments:

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

Go away spam comments!

Anonymous said...

Have you figured out how to keep your pond clear of algae? My parents have had a huge one for about a decade now in full sun and it's still looking awesome. I think they used some special kind of lightbulb and a HUGE filter. Sorry not more specific but I'm sure the pet store would now if they sell koi.