Monday, September 21, 2009

We got the camper! (and the baby is on its way.....) (inside joke for David!)

My parents' camper in our backyard! It finally made it here. Jim had a happy birthday because of it!






Another view.







Our remodeled gate so that we could get it into the backyard.







The rusted wheel that Jim and Fred could NOT get off. This is the wheel that kept us from getting the camper last Sunday.






The lights still work!







My mother was ALWAYS prepared...







And frugal!







We kept some of our best linens in the camper.....(Ok! OK! Kidding!)






Clothespins. Never go camping without them.







More stuff we found.







I can say with 100% certainty that this counter has never, until now, had a dog on top of it.






Sunday was Jim's birthday. The girls insisted we eat birthday cake in the camper. Just like we were really camping!






Happy 25th birthday Jim! Oh wait, um, how many was it again?







Beta having way too much fun before the "party".







Both girls can't wait to sleep in it. We don't know when our first trip will be, but they can't wait for it!







3 comments:

Felio said...

Ah, yes. The "baby as camper" jokes will never get old. Your littlest one will be graduating from college and say to you, "Ok, It's been over 20 years. What is with the old guy who keeps calling me 'Camper'?"

Leah said...

I'm loving all the retro details in your new camper (color, curtains, cannister)! I hope you don't plan on changing any of it! Can't wait to hear about your first camp trip!

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

You know, David, that's a good idea. If this is James IV, we can nickname him "camper". We've been wondering what to call him if it turns out to be a boy. :)

Leah - the camper was at the height of style for 1978, it's model year! I think if I tried to change any of it my mom would post baby pictures of me on the internet.....LOL!