Sunday, June 27, 2010

Gina's Homemade Lemonade

Y'all have GOT to try this. I made Gina's Homemade Lemonade this afternoon. It is absolutely delicious! Gina is the wife-half of the Neely's on Food Network.

I ended up only making 2 quarts instead of an entire gallon. It calls for 2 cups of lemon juice. I used an entire bag of lemons (total of 9) and I only got 1 cup of juice. Now I know why Simply Lemonade is so expensive.

I probably won't make this on a regular basis. Squeezing the lemons was very labor-intensive. Not to mention painful! (I found every paper cut on both of my hands.) But the fresh lemon juice made it WAY better than any other lemonade I've ever tasted.

2 comments:

Felio said...

If you have a hand-mixer, pull off one of the beaters and use it as a reamer. You'll get every bit of juice out (and you can strain it afterward if you don't like that much pulp).

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

Ah! That would have worked nicely.My poor hands were sore afterwards. Thanks, David! Wish I had thought of that.