Sunday, January 2, 2011

Why Our Weekend Sucked

On Thursday, my wonderful husband surprised me with something I have wanted for a long time. A DYSON VACUUM CLEANER!

We tried it out. Like many others have said, it got tons of dirt and dog hair off our living room carpet. However, I was curious. Just how much better was it than our current vacuum?

Fast forward to today.

KENMORE VS DYSON!!!!!!!

In this corner: The Kenmore Elite

In the next corner: The Dyson DC28 Animal
To make it fair (or more fair, at least), we emptied both canisters and cleaned the filter in the Kenmore. We then roped off dirty carpet in Alpha's room.

And.......GO!

The results, please...

Kenmore Elite

Dyson Animal
Can you tell which one won?

Well, the Kenmore put up a really good show, but we're going to have to give it to the Dyson. I'm actually quite proud of how much dirt the Kenmore picked up. It means we've had a pretty good vacuum cleaner for the last 9 years or so. (Just asked Jim and he can't remember either when we bought it!)

Part Deux
Due to an unfortunate stomach virus incident on Wednesday, we needed to have our carpet cleaned. We tried using the Dyson on the stain. Let's just say, the Dyson is GOOD, but not THAT good.

So Jim got a wild hair and went out this afternoon and rented a Rug Doctor!
For about $50, he cleaned the living room, tv room, and hallway. I must say, I was impressed! The Rug Doctor ACTUALLY WORKED! It got out stains that have been on there for 4 years! Stains that we couldn't even remember what they were! Best $50 we ever spent!

The kids were not so impressed. They were worried that they would be spending the night on the couch because we wouldn't let them walk on the wet carpet. They did manage to find some fun in the day, though. (They were dancing.)

3 comments:

amyj said...

I like this. A lot. Vacuuming is my secret passion. I'm not kidding.

Jennifer said...

Took me until the end to get it. I kept reading, waiting for something bad to happen... my brain is a little slow! :)

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

It's ok, Jennifer. You have a very small child at home. You get a pass. :)

If you still need some closure, the stomach virus incident on Wednesday DEFINITELY sucked!