Monday, August 15, 2011

On the First Day of School, my true love gave to me.....

Well, here we are. Another First Day of School done. Ours went smoothly around here. Having been at our current elementary school for 5 years now, and beginning our 6th, we are pretty familiar with how things work. Both girls walked themselves in this morning. Jim even dropped them off, like he usually does. The only noticeable difference between June 10th (last day of school) and August 15th was the girls' backpacks.

I still wonder if I should have walked them in. There really was no point. They don't allow anyone but kindergarten parents to walk their students to the classroom. Everyone else has to go to the cafeteria for the "Rise & Shine" Assembly. Then, they walk together down the hallway to their class. So it's not like I could have taken any cool pictures of them at their desks or with their new teachers or anything like that. But it won't be long before they don't want to be SEEN with me. So maybe I should have taken advantage of one more year.....ah well. What's done is done. C'est la vie!

So here are the pictures of them from this morning:

Here is what kept me busy the rest of the day:


3 comments:

xuan! said...

the backpack that i still remember to this day: my 1st grade purple barney backpack. those were the days - glad your girls were ready for another school year!

Anonymous said...

OMIGOSH. IF THEY DON'T STOP GROWING I'M GONNA...BE REALLY SAD.

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

I had a book bag in first grade that said, "Anything boys can do, GIRLS can do better!"

Robin, I AM sad..... :(