Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Why?

This year alone, I have known personally 2 families that have lost a child. I've also known 2 others who had their babies WAY early. Like at 24 and 26 weeks.

As I sit here watching J4 pull all my papers off my desk and make a huge mess on the floor, I wonder why. Why did I have a healthy, full term baby while these other women did not? Why is my baby living and thriving while theirs did not? I feel guilty. Kind of like survivor's guilt, I guess.

These other women are very healthy. They aren't crackheads or on meth. They have college degrees and jobs. They are all Christians. They probably read the Bible and pray more than I do, too.

So, why?

Why do bad things happen to good people?

2 comments:

Katy said...

Maybe God will use these women's experiences to help other women in similar situations. When our lives are easy then we don't learn anything. Hardships and heart break are sad but neccessary in order to make us strong. And to help others who may not be as strong survive.

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

Good point. God definitely uses all of our experiences to work together for His glory.