Tuesday, February 3, 2009

TV

I watched more of The Biggest Loser tonight while I walked on the treadmill. Carla and Joelle got sent home. It was week 6 of the game and Joelle lost 0 pounds. Yes, zero. I couldn't believe it. She said she was humiliated. I was glad they got sent home, though. It was hard for Joelle to work with Carla always yelling at her.

In honor of the game, I actually bought a scale the other day. It's pretty. It is mainly glass with the supports having an oil-rubbed bronze finish. That way the floor shows through and it's not this huge, white splotch yelling loudly "Wendy's trying to lose weight!!!!"

I have stepped on it. At night with pajamas and house shoes. I figure the shoes must weigh a good 10 pounds or so.....just kidding! I plan to weigh about once a week.

The girls weighed on it tonight. Alpha weighs 57 pounds and Beta weighs 36 pounds. Alpha started doing jumping jacks and then got back on. She weighed 56 pounds. She was excited that she could lose weight just by doing 3 jumping jacks. (Oh ha ha.) She also said something about not wanting to gain weight. I had to explain that kids gaining weight is good. Parents gaining weight is not.

In other TV news, after my show was over, I switched back to live TV. (LOVE the dvr!!!) It was Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. I've said before that I hate shows like that. So I quickly switched to Food network b/c it's the only other channel I know the number to. It was the last episode of their new series "Chopped".

It's down to the dessert course with 2 chefs remaining. They taste the lady's dish first. She made some fritter out of something. Then they taste the man's dish. The judges stop. Swallow. And make some weird faces. Then they casually ask him if he tasted the batter before he baked the cake. He says no. They suggest that perhaps he used SALT instead of SUGAR!!! He's like "wha??? I'm so sorry!" After the contestants leave so the judges can decide who wins, the judges say it was like putting an entire teaspoon of salt in your mouth! I had to laugh. It was a real-life blooper!

The poor guy even lost. They decided that, even without the mistake, the lady's dishes showcased the ingredient better than the guy's. I felt sorry for him. That's a hard mistake to live down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always weigh less first thing in the morning than I do at night. Like, by 3 pounds or so. It's weird. So you might try morning weighing for a little encouragement!

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

Oh don't worry. I PLAN to weigh in the morning. I know I weigh more at night so that's why I weighed at night. At least now I've got an "upper range" so to speak.

Oh, and my shoes weigh approximately 2 pounds each!