Saturday, July 25, 2009

7 things

So it's not on a Friday. Oh well. Sue me.

1. This morning, Jim and I are lying in bed each trying to convince the other one that it was time to get up. Alpha comes in and says "I had the best, most awesome, but kinda sad dream!" She proceeds to tell us that she dreamed two boys from camp that she likes went on a roller coaster with her but then they got hurt and had to spend a month in the hospital.

Uhhhhhh. She leaves and Jim says "did you catch the most important part of that?" "The part about two boys she likes?" "yes"

I reminded Jim that this has to happen at some point. And that, most likely, boys won't be interested in her until they hit 12 or 13. He still wasn't amused. :) He's a good daddy!

2. I had my boobs done the other day. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Just kidding. I had a mammogram. My 4th. The results were normal. Praise God! My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 39. Ever since I turned 30, I've been wondering when my cancer will show up. Speaking of, I asked the lady at the imaging place if it was possible to have a mastectomy with reconstruction BEFORE getting cancer. She said yes!!! So it's very possible for me to get all the breast tissue removed and get implants and NEVER HAVE TO GO THROUGH CANCER TREATMENTS!!!!!!!!! Most of you probably don't understand how much that would mean to me. It would mean THE WORLD to me! It's definitely something I will be considering in the future.

3. We cleaned our oven today using the self-clean function. It stinks. It turns the oven up to very high heat for 3 and a half hours! We opened the windows, thinking it was a nice day. Well, it's not incredibly hot, but it is incredibly humid. But now it's done and the air is back on. Blessed air conditioning!

4. Harper is testing the limits of the backyard. We have left her outside a couple of afternoons while we were gone. Everything was fine until yesterday. The girls and I had gone swimming. When Jim got home (before we did), he found Harper leashed up to the bench on our front porch. She had obviously gotten out and some guardian angel neighbor found her. We're not sure who it was, but we are going to thank them profusely when we figure it out.

5. Along the same lines, we had to rescue some puppies the other day! Harper and I were getting back from our walk. I saw movement in a yard near ours. They were 4 lab mix puppies! Jim noticed where they were coming from and knocked on the lady's door. It took her awhile to show up. When we told her that the puppies were out she said, "again????" We gave her some of our concrete bricks to block their path under the gate. She said she can't wait until they are old enough to give away because they've been nothing but trouble! They were all very cute. Anyone want a lab mix puppy? Let us know.

6. Jim went to Lowe's this morning and bought chicken wire for the backyard. We've been told to staple it to the fence and then bury it so that a dog can't dig under the fence. He was not looking forward to digging a 150 foot long trench to bury that stuff in. So he said he might get some landscaping stakes and just stake it down. Hmmmmm.......you mean the same landscaping stakes his lovely wife suggested a week or so ago and was poo poohed? Nah....couldn't possibly be the same thing.

7. We are headed out on a date tonight! We're going to go see Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince! It's gotten really good reviews so I'm really looking forward to it. I still prefer the books to the movies, but the movies are all we've got now to look forward to. It's definitely worth the price of admission, unlike most movies these days!

No comments: