Friday, March 5, 2010

Ch-ch-ch changes

Things are a-changin' 'round here. Not only have we all switched rooms, brought in several large pieces of pastel-colored equipment, bought a mini-van, sold the car, etc, etc, etc.....

We got hair cuts!

The biggest change is Beta. Her hair has been super long and super tangled for many, many months. Combing it out after bath time usually results in both of us crying and yelling at each other. Not fun.

So we got it cut today. I mean, CUT. She wanted it short and now she's got it. Let's just hope it looks like this in the morning.

Without further a-"do":


Isn't she cute????

I'm worried it will not look like this ever again. I did try and explain that those ladies in the salon know how to style hair, and her mother doesn't. The stylist even used a Chi flat iron to make it straighter. (look mommy! That's what they used on my hair! You can buy them!!!) I'm not sure she understands that I am NOT going to be straightening her hair every morning before school. Hopefully the good old round brush and hair dryer will make it like this at night.

The stylist did say it should be really cute curly, too. That would be wonderful! At least it's shorter for now.

Alpha got her hair cut. But just barely. Tiny. Minute. Minuscule. She had a cute little bob similar to Beta's from about 1st grade up until now. We haven't had time for a hair appointment so it's gotten pretty long. She's decided she likes long hair and wants it to stay that way. Since she now does her own shower, complete with shampooing, and combs and dries her hair ALL BY HERSELF, I figured she can wear it longer if she wants to. (I think it looks cuter shorter, but what do I know?)

Anyway, she asked if she could have a centimeter trimmed. I told her an inch. She kept saying centimeter so I said how about 2.5 of them???? She replies, "Wait! That's an INCH! You wanted me to get an inch cut! No, a centimeter!" Darn public schools.....

We told the lady an inch, but she ended up, SERIOUSLY, only cutting about 1/2 an inch. Or close to a centimeter. Alpha still thought she had incredibly short hair and almost cried when it was done. This was all payback to me for the things I put my own mother through....Touche', mom. Touche'.

And due to sadness and other technical difficulties, we do not have a picture of Alpha's "trim."

I got my hair cut as well. It's shorter, but not too short. I had Beta take a picture of me, but it didn't turn out right. I'll try and get a good one tomorrow and post it then.

But hopefully, Beta will be MUCH happier. And so will I!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love her new hair cut. she looks so big now.

and, the chi is a LIFE-CHANGER. i've been y'all for years now that you need to invest in chi stock because once beta knows her hair can be that straight, she's gonna want one! and, i was right! :)

i know you didn't buy her one (even i know she's still a little too young...maybe for her 7th birthday? just kidding), but if she's still insistant on it, get her a $20 one from walmart. make sure it has different heat settings & that she only turns it on the lowest setting. that's what my sister has done for riley (because YES, my sister introduced the chi to her & now she wants her hair straight all the time.)

anyway, when you get a chance, post pics of my nephew's room!? :)

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

We're working on the room today. Hopefully we'll have pics up by the end of the week. :)

Jennifer said...

She is super cute! And so grown-up looking!