Saturday, May 1, 2010

My bargain guardian angel returns! In reverse, this time.

While shopping, I have been known to stumble upon some really good deals every now and then. When this happens, I refer to it as my "bargain guardian angel." Well, she's back!

Since the weather is warming up, I've been pulling out the sandals. I still own a pair of crocs, but they are starting to look old. Plus, they look more like shoes you should garden in rather than go to the mall in. So last Sunday, I headed to JC Penney's shoe department with a $10 off coupon. I looked and looked and finally found some white sandals that fit. (the ones in the link aren't the exact ones but they are close) They look very nice for church or work. They were originally $40, on sale for $24.99. I had the $10 off coupon so that made them $14.99, and then Penney's was running a special where they would "pay your sales tax." So I got them for around $14 total.

BUT WAIT!!!! THERE'S MORE!!!!

That was a good deal, but that's not where my angel came into play. I wanted some sandals to just wear around town, and these look too fancy for that. I wanted to keep looking, but my shopping buddy was hungry. :) Fast forward to yesterday. My summer shoes are crowding out my winter shoes so I started putting the winter shoes away and getting the rest of the summer ones out. Lo and behold, there was a pair of brown sandals with a comfy sole. Perfect for wearing around town and not too dressy! I must have had the same thoughts last year and actually had the time to shop.

So this time, my bargain guardian angel SAVED me about $25! How cool is that?

No comments: