Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Blog Post #2 of 3 "Chocolate Festival"

Saturday, we continued a Kane family tradition and attended the Eureka Springs Chocolate Festival. I first discovered this festival back in 2007 from an ad in the paper. CHOCOLATE FESTIVAL! I mean, who can resist that, right? We attended in 2007 and 2008, but 2009 and 2010 were taken up with tax season. Now that I'm not working tax season, (wooohoooo!!!!) I figured we could go again.

The festival is held on the Saturday before Valentine's Day. It includes a chocolate dessert contest and a tasting. For one price ($10/person) you can sample treats from numerous vendors with various chocolate goodies and 4 chocolate fountains. Some vendors are not chocolate-specific (Pampered Chef, a Vacation Rentals place), but they put out something chocolate nonetheless. (no point in getting all technical....)

But enough of me and my typing. Let's show the cool pictures!

This is a tree stump made out of chocolate. With two little owls. Isn't it cute?

This wedding cake was beautiful. Everything is made out of chocolate. (but look at that humongous silver ring.....I thought it was tacky.)

This one comes complete with a white chocolate Christ of the Ozarks statue.

This one is what I wanted for Valentine's Day. I told Jim, but I'm afraid it wasn't for sale.

These would have been neat except that the chocolate looks EXACTLY like a paper bag. I'm pretty sure they used a paper bag as a mold. It didn't make me want to eat any of it, really.

This one is cute! I've made these mice before, but never thought to place them on some Ghiradelli chocolate squares as mouse traps.

I didn't get too many pictures of the kids. But here is Beta eating chocolate in front of J4. I'm glad he's not old enough to be jealous yet. We did let him have a little, but most of it he couldn't eat. I'm sure he'll be raring to go next year!

UPDATE: This last picture is not of Beta eating CHOCOLATE in front of J4. It's of her eating a strawberry. They had strawberries, pineapple, marshmallows, cheese, pretzels, butter cookies, and a few other things to dip into the chocolate. Beta liked to get the strawberries and pineapple pieces and just eat them. She would occasionally dip them into the chocolate fountain. But most of the time, she just ate them plain.

6 comments:

Soaring High said...

This looks like so much fun!!!

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

It is. And yummy, too!

lamb shanks recipe said...

So happy to have read this entry. I can identify with what you expressed here though you’ve done so much more than I have in the name of good food. I not only voted for you but I’ve bookmarked your blog to follow.

hotels near santa cruz said...

I believe this is among the so much significant info for me. And I’m glad studying your article. But want to observation on some general things,this can give me an idea on my cooking lesson.

tampa injury attorney said...

If you have been injured due to someone's negligence ,it would best to mind all your actions because some insurance companies will do anything to save the money from compensating your injury. Best to always sought the best ones in town.

electric hotels said...

Hotel And Flight Search Engine that searches 30 plus travel websites for the best rates available on the web.Hotel And Flight Search Engine that searches 30 plus travel websites for the best rates available on the web.