Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blog Post #3 of 3 "Pink snow"

Sometimes, I'm a good mom.

Sometimes, I actually let my hair down a little, quit worrying about cleanup, and let the girls do something fun.


Like mix food coloring with water so they can "paint" the snow!

I've seen a fancy set of squirt bottles and dyes that you can buy to have this particular kind of wintertime fun. But some old sport bottles and Wilton icing colors will do in a pinch.

When we got back from the Chocolate Festival last Saturday, the temperatures were climbing into the 50's. But the snow was still around. So it was the perfect day to go outside and make a snowman! Or various snow sculptures, as the case may be.

This snowman/girl has pink eyes, nose, and a mouth.

This sculpture is an artistic wonder. I could hold a contest to see who could guess what it was, but no one would win it. Want to take a stab at it? I'll make you scroll down a bit.......















It's a bottle of hand sanitizer. It has a pink cap, and is filled with purple anti-bac liquid. Do you see it now? (Boy, her kids are WEIRD!!! is what you're thinking right now, isn't it?) Well, this was inspired by a trip to the mall last week. I needed some hand sanitizer for the diaper bag. Beta and I went to the mall and ran by Bath & Body Works. They have the small bottles of it for 5/$5. I let each girl have a bottle. Then I took one for the diaper bag and I have 2 in reserve. (unless the girls find them, that is....) They enjoyed their hand sanitizer so much, it brought out their creativity. Who knew?

Here is Alpha on top of Mt. Snow.

And here is Beta, beginning her ascent to the pinnacle.

Don't eat pink snow.....

This last picture has nothing to do with the pink snow. I made a winter wreath to hang on my front door from January until March. Do you like it?
(Ok, ok, I know it's clearance Christmas ornaments....but they are blue and I have snowflakes in the middle. Winter! Winter!)

6 comments:

lamb recipes said...

So happy to have read this entry. I can identify with what you expressed here though you’ve done so much more than I have in the name of good food. I not only voted for you but I’ve bookmarked your blog to follow.

bodybuilding exercises said...

Honestly, I really find a weblog which can give me a inspiration and now I am found you. Can you.pls send some of your recipes.

shoppes ville said...

I believe this is among the so much significant info for me. And I’m glad studying your article. But want to observation on some general things,

hotels near santa cruz said...

I believe this is among the so much significant info for me. And I’m glad studying your article. But want to observation on some general things,this can give me an idea on my cooking lesson.

tampa injury attorney said...

If you have been injured due to someone's negligence ,it would best to mind all your actions because some insurance companies will do anything to save the money from compensating your injury. Best to always sought the best ones in town.

electric hotels said...

Hotel And Flight Search Engine that searches 30 plus travel websites for the best rates available on the web.Hotel And Flight Search Engine that searches 30 plus travel websites for the best rates available on the web.