Saturday, April 23, 2011

Resurrection

I have been busy today. With Easter tomorrow, I have been in the kitchen. Cooking! I love to cook. More importantly, I love to eat! That's why I like to cook. :)

First off, I made biscuits for our breakfast this morning. After those finished, I baked brownies for tomorrow's dessert. (we're going to use bunny cookie cutters and decorate them) Then I boiled eggs for deviled eggs. After that, I cooked a Petit Jean peppered ham in the oven, and some glazed carrots in the crock pot.

Then I went to Rhea Lana's and helped sort for 4 hours.

After I got home, the girls and I did a neat Easter food craft. Resurrection Buns! (If you don't feel like clicking the link, they go like this. You put a marshmallow in a biscuit and fold it over. As it cooks, the marshmallow melts. So when you bite into the bun, it is empty!)

I found the recipe on the internet a few days ago. I've heard of them before, but never made them. Until tonight.

I'm glad the girls are old enough to help in the kitchen with minimal assistance from me. FINALLY! I can relax a little and have fun with them instead of stressing over the mess.
I thought I understood the recipe so I didn't have it in front of me.

Maybe I should have. It mentioned putting the biscuits "seam-side down" so they wouldn't open in the oven. Ours weren't seam-side DOWN, but we pinched the edges together very well!

Well, never underestimate the power of a GRANDS biscuit!
S'more Jesus anyone?

Wait! A few worked! See?
The marshmallow melts which makes it an "empty tomb". Pretty neat, huh?

I also thought of a Bible verse for this one.
Revelation 3:16
But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!"
(see, it looks like a tongue....this marshmallow now resides on the bottom of my formerly 350 degree oven.)

Happy Easter Everyone! HE IS RISEN!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: