Monday, December 29, 2008

Update

I guess I should update. Not sure where that last post came from....It must have been the elves.....

I don't feel like being coherent or uploading photos tonight. So here are some random updates from my life:

Girls & Christmas: No pony! But they survived! Alpha woke us up at 5:30 on Christmas morning with shouts of "Santa came! He brought presents!" Beta had some initial displeasure with her gifts, but good ole Alpha reminded her that they should focus on what they DID get, rather than what they DIDN'T get. Wow. She suggested this all on her own and she's only 7. Thank you, Jesus!

(At Target on the day after Christmas, they had the pony marked down to $140.....Jim wouldn't let me get it. But I was tempted.)

Big Gifts: For Jim, a new motorcycle helmet. He wore it today and says he loves it. For me, a new Digital SLR camera! It's very fancy and I'm still learning how to use it. I'm waiting for the spring when there will be ultra-pretty things to take pictures of. You can only take so many photos of the inside of your house.

CPE: Just tonight, I finished my 10 hour Minister Taxation course. I got 98% on the test so I passed. I've got one more course already purchased on LLCs. I hope to finish it by the end of Janaury. That'll put me even closer to applying for my license next summer.

World of Warcraft: My main character is now level 30. This means I can get a "mount", i.e. a horse to ride around on. It increases your speed 60% over walking alone. Plus, it just looks cool!

Working: NOT! I'm taking this entire week off! Whohooooooo! Today was wonderful. I got my wrapping paper container all organized, along with my closet. I cleaned off a place in the kitchen for the new Easy Bake oven. I also took down some of our Christmas decorations. Oh, and laundry. As usual.

Kids: Alpha did her Easy Bake oven this morning. She loves it. I personally would rather just teach her how to use real utensils with real batter and real ovens. But this one is cute and there's not quite the potential for burns as with a real oven. Beta had us watch "The Wizard of Oz" tonight. She got the movie for Christmas and loves it! She was also Dorothy for Halloween. There are some scary parts, but I kept reminding her that she's seen the movie and knows Dorothy turns out alright.

That's it for now. Don't know if I'll post again before next year or not. (hee hee hee)

1 comment:

Kylie said...

glad your girls survived "the Christmas without Smores!" Enjoy your week off! knm