Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Future Business Leader of America

I've got a Future Business Leader of America on my hands.

Beta's preschool has show-n-tell on Wednesdays. She's allowed to bring one thing, AND ONLY ONE THING, to show everyone. This includes little pieces that might accompany the "one thing". She always wants to bring more than one thing, and bring stuff on days besides Wednesday.

So tonight, she was getting her stuffed shih tzu ready for it's big debut tomorrow. She had clothed the dog in her own Barbie princess dress-up dress. (Beta's, not the dog's) On top of the dog's head sat TWO tiaras and her Build-a-Bear leash was around its neck.

Let's count.

Dog. 1.
Leash. 2.
Dress. 3.
Pink tiara. 4.
Blue tiara. 5.

5 things. We've had the "one thing only" rule for several months now. (LONG story) Beta knows it. But that doesn't mean she won't try to get around it.

Here's where the FBLA team member comes in:
I tell her that she can take the dog, and only the dog, to show-n-tell. She counters with "nooooo!" I say "sorry." She counters again with dog and two tiaras. I say no. She says how about dog and one tiara. I'm like, "No! You know the rules!" She would have kept going if I hadn't just walked away to end the possible tantrum.

Then, after I tuck her in, she mentions how much her dog just LOVES to get dressed up!

There is a future here. Lawyer? Shrewd negotiator? Only time will tell....

P.S. I wish I had a picture of this dog. It was hilarious! It was hard not to laugh when I was telling her she couldn't take it all dressed up like that.

No comments: