Saturday, April 25, 2009

What a day!

We have had one heckuva day around here! I will begin at the beginning. With pictures!

The girls and I planted flowers last night and this morning. If you click on this one, and look at the tiny, one-bud flowers, those are the ones we planted. The other are dianthus that were planted last year. I always thought dianthus were annuals, but they are really perennials! So they came back! The first section we planted were more dianthus, but the last section is verbena. (which I think is an annual)

Here is a close-up of my year-old dianthus. Aren't they beautiful? I love these flowers!






Here is a close-up of a new flower I bought called candy tuft. It is also a perennial that blooms white in the summer. I hope these make it. The plants I put in this spot last year died horrible deaths....




This is our garden in the back yard. Last year we planted one strawberry plant. It gave us maybe 3 tiny strawberries. It's amazing the difference a year makes! Look at it now! It has taken over the garden, and I did nothing to it all winter. No mulch, no straw, no nothing. I hope we have a bumper crop!



Our first strawberry!!!!!! Yes, the plant does appear to be producing fruit. However, there is one problem. This fruit is on a runner that has gone OUT of the garden! I was going to let the plant have the garden, but not the whole back yard! Does anyone know how to keep the strawberries where you WANT them to be?



Today was the day! As my secret post showed yesterday, we are getting the girls a new swingset! It's a funny story how it all came about. I'll have to blog about it in another post.





So Alpha, all on her own, decided to use their new sidewalk chalk to write daddy a message that says "Thank you for getting us a new swingset!"







And here it is! Beautiful, isn't it? haha! Jim, Collin, and Dustin dismantled it this afternoon and got it moved over here. Jim and Dustin will hopefully get it all put up tomorrow. Maybe. With God's help....




We would like to say a BIG HUGE SCREAMIN' THANK YOU to Uncle Collin for the use of his truck and his brawn! We couldn't have done it without him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to come play on the new swingset!

what a sweet message alpha wrote to her daddy! she even did it in bubble letters! :)

the flowers look nice. i will have to post about my new flowers now!

Diana said...

We planted strawberries a few years ago... they grow like a weed! You probably need a higher barrier and watch out for birds and squirrels. We didn't have much of a harvest because of them and so I yanked them all out.

Love flowers! Cool swingset!