Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away

It is raining. Still raining. It has been raining most of the time since early last week sometime. I've forgotten when it even started raining. It has been rainy and drizzly since Friday. Tonight, we have thunderstorms! Just when you think it's rained enough, MORE rain comes! Where is it coming from????? (the sky....oh haha)

.............

It rained in the trunk of our car last Saturday. It was an accident, of course. Well, the car had a funny smell on Sunday. And Monday. So last night I asked Jim to try and figure out what was smelling.

The lining of the trunk was still WET! Everything in the trunk was WET! The smell......I'm glad you can't smell smells on the blog, b/c you would not have wanted to smell this! We had to throw away everything that we had left in the trunk. I washed some clothes I had stashed in there for emergencies. They don't smell now. But the trunk still does. BAD. And it's not like we can air it out.....it is STILL raining. We put some baking soda in pie plates and left them in there. Hopefully that will help.

.............

I got a package from the state board of accountancy today. I turned in the first part of my application back in January, and I had not heard anything else. Well, turns out, today they sent me the 2nd part of the application! I have to have 2 background checks, 3 character references, AND get fingerprinted! You know, I'm just working with money on paper here........I'm not applying for Ben Bernanke's job. So more forms to fill out....But at least it wasn't a rejection letter!

...............

Alpha cannot hear. For the past week and a half, she has had trouble hearing us even when we are just a few feet away. At first, I thought she just wasn't paying attention. (She is a lot like her father, and they both get "in the zone" where they don't hear you talking to them.) But this was more frequent. And it usually happened at the supper table, where she was not engrossed in something else. She has not complained one iota about her ears hurting or throbbing or marching or anything.

So I was surprised tonight when the doctor told me her left ear was full of thick, yellow fluid, and that her right ear had some fluid and was red. He said her left ear looked chronic while her right ear looked acute. She is on antibiotics. We'll go back in 3 weeks to have her ears checked. He said if she keeps having chronic fluid, he'll refer us to an ENT. She avoided tubes about two times. I wonder if we should have gotten them? No doctor ever recommended them. She had a lot of ear infections, but not quite enough to suggest tubes. I am going to push for a hearing test once this fluid is cleared up. I'd like to know just for my own peace of mind. In the meantime, please remember her as she swallows 1.5 teaspoons of Augmentin twice a day. Yuck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor baby! :(

to make her feel better, tell her that her birthday present is coming straight from disney world! seriously! my sister called me about this certain gift that she thought alpha might like, & i told her to BUY IT!!!! it's awesome. she'll LOVE IT!!!!

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

cool! thanks!