Sunday, November 29, 2009

Trying not to think about it.....

Today was a celebration day! A good celebration day.

It was my 35th birthday.

Yep. It's been 20 years since I turned 15. TEN years since I turned 25, which was, like, soooo old.

We had a birthday lunch for me yesterday at mom's house. The girls made up games and mom decorated a cookie cake.




Today, we went to AQ Chicken House for lunch after church. Then we got an ice cream cake from Maggie Moos. (YUM!!!!) When we got home, I got to open my gifts. I got some Mary Kay skin care serum (just what I wanted!) (heh heh, I bought it and told Jim to wrap it up.....), more lipstick, a devotional book for moms, and *sniff* one of the sweetest gifts EVER! It was a book called "Prayers for my little boy". Yes, I cried immediately upon seeing the title. Jim started laughing and said he knew I'd cry instantly, but he also said he knew he had to get me that book.

I had asked for a devotional book to read during pregnancy. I had no idea if those existed or not. Jim said they do, but they are really more for first-time moms. That's why he got me the book for moms and then the one about little boys. I haven't read much of it yet. (I keep crying!) But I definitely will in the coming months.

Here are some pictures:



1 comment:

Leah said...

Happy Birthday, Wendy! It sounds like it was a wonderful day!