Thursday, July 21, 2011

Vacation Day 1

***I posted these in reverse order so they'd show up in the correct, chronological order. So keep reading after this post to see about Days 2 and 3!***


With lots of perseverance, and some luck, we managed to get an actual vacation this year! Our last one was in 2009. In 2010, we had a baby so we managed one night in Tulsa. So we were long overdue for some sort of family fun!

We ended up going back to Branson and staying at the Grand Country Inn. I like to go new places when I travel, so going BACK to Branson (that's where we went in 2o09) wasn't my idea of fun. However, it turned out to be perfect! The girls were excited to be going back and there were lots of different things to do than what we did 2 years ago.

Like......

The Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum!
Their sign out front said "tonight only all tickets 1/2 price!" I don't know if we truly were that lucky or if it always says that, but I don't care. Half price is half price! (and thankfully, J4 is still FREE at MOST places)

And I think I've started a tradition....the silly picture:
Back in 2009, we played mini golf in Branson. They had a rock that looked like a skull that you could walk through. So I had everyone act like they were screaming. That's why the girls are acting like the building is falling on their heads in this picture!

And you gotta admit, just the building is pretty cool looking.
This is the World's Largest Ball of Twine.
(and Alpha made that face all on her own....with no prompting from me!)

I forget what we were supposed to believe or not about this but I think it's a neat picture:
They had a tunnel to try and walk through. The "bridge" through it didn't move, but the walls did. So you had to tell yourself that you weren't turning or falling.
It didn't work! We all came out nearly falling down!

Typos follow me everywhere!!!! Believe it........OR NOT!

5 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Looks like you all had a fun family vaca!!!

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

It was awesome!

Soaring High said...

my kids have begged to go there (the funny falling building) both times we've passed it. I want to take them. Looks like you had fun!

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

The prices were $17.99 for adults and $8.99 for children ages 4-12. Under 4 was free. So we got in for about $30 since we got it half price. But Jim suggested they might have it half-price every night. I don't know. Both girls LOVED it, though! It was totally worth it, although I don't know if I would've enjoyed it as much if we'd paid $60, you know?

Traci said...

These are exactly the type of family vacations we like to have. The goofier the attractions, the better the photos! That ball of twine is on my bucket list!