Monday, May 12, 2008

Where did my baby go?

Well, today was the day! 7 years ago, that is. Seven years ago today, I became a mother. Little Alpha arrived in this world on her own time schedule. First, she was so restless she kicked a hole in the loving bubble that held her. So my water broke and I went into labor 3 weeks early, on May 11. (ok, I know you can't prove that, but honestly, that child would not, and still cannot, be still! She's in gymnastics. Fate?) Then, 23 1/2 hours later, she was finally born into the world when I decided I'd had enough. (There's more to it than that, but I'm not going to recount the birth story.)

So here we are. Alpha's seventh birthday! This birthday is really weird for me because I acutely remember turning 7. Not 6, or 8, or 9, but 7. So I hope I made this one extra special for her.

Since a picture is worth 1000 words, I'll let the rest of these do the talking. I'll add commentary where I think an explanation is needed. Oh, pooh, you know I'll say something after every picture! I can't keep my big mouth shut!

I found the cutest balloon at Party City! It is a giant butterfly. Butterflies are Alpha's favorite animal. Unfortunately, this one only lasted a few hours. It got caught on the top of the china cabinet. Alpha was quite sad. So today, I went to our Party City and bought another one. She was so happy! She's named the new one "rainbow."







Alpha wanted an analog clock. Not a digital. Which is good because I would not have gotten her a digital one. She needs to learn to tell time on a good, old-fashioned clock with hands.






Well, I kind of broke my rule about no sibling gifts on birthdays. I bought Alpha some pajamas, which she needed anyway but could double as a birthday present. So, I also bought Beta some. I knew she'd be jealous of everything Alpha was getting. I didn't wrap them. I just stuck them in a plain box and handed them to her. She loves them! Hers have monkeys. Alpha's have butterflies.



After opening presents, we went to Maggie Moo's for dessert! Since we had cake yesterday, and we'll be having cake on Saturday for her friend party, I thought she'd like ice cream. Maggie Moo's has a wonderful dark chocolate ice cream that Alpha LOVES! She got a big scoop of it mixed with gummi bears. (I know.....ick)




Here she is eating her ice cream and loving it!








Both girls wore their new pajamas to bed. Alpha is holding her butterfly VIP from Littlest Pet Shop, standing under her butterfly poster, and wearing her butterfly pajamas. Beta is doing a dance pose in her monkey pajamas. When I was tucking Beta into bed tonight, she said "no! Don't cover up my monkeys!"







"Flutter" the newest interactive pet we own.








The rest of her presents: a desk lamp.








A new gymnastics leotard, Hannah Montana shirt, and rainbow dress.








A blue shirt with a jewel butterfly and khaki capris.








Alpha went to bed so happy! She even voluntarily said thank you for all the presents! Yay! Maybe some of our lessons are getting through to her.

Now, if I could just stop time at this moment.....

No comments: