Monday, May 5, 2008

My Day Off!

Today I had a day off! It was a teacher inservice day for Alpha. (which just coincidentally happened to fall on Cinco de Mayo.....) So I kept Beta home and we all had a day off!

To start things off, we all slept in. I got up at 7:30. The girls got up about 8:00. Poor Jim has a cold but had to go to work. :(

The girls woke up, ate breakfast, and then played together quite happily for a couple of hours.

We then went to Beta's preschool to retrieve one of her webkinz that she left there on Friday. (Bedtime last night was not good......) We also went to a garden center and explored some new plant options for the front yard.

When we got home, we were going to eat lunch and then head to the park, at Alpha's request. Suddenly, I had an impulsive idea! Let's have a PICNIC in the park!

I pulled out my "picnic orb". It's a big, plastic ball filled with varying sizes of plastic plates and bowls. It also comes with 6 cups, a salt & pepper shaker, and some flatware. We got it as a wedding gift and have used it exactly once! (We don't picnic very often.) I wouldn't let Jim get rid of it, though, because it is still SO COOL!

So, here are our pictures from our picnic in the park. Enjoy!

Here is the "picnic orb" along with our food on the neat sheet that thankfully was stored in the trunk of our car. The girls would not take a picnic table. Oh, no. It had to be the GROUND!








Beta loved carrying the picnic orb. She was thrilled with it!








After lunch, we played on the playground. Beta can do the first monkey bar, but that's it. She swings out and then puts her feet back on the platform. One time, I was at the car, and she couldn't swing back. So this other mother had to get her down b/c I had my hands full and was about 50 feet away. I thanked her profusely when I got back.




Here is Beta with the bubbles! They fought over who would get the yellow bubbles because they had more bubble solution than the purple or blue bubbles. Argh. I'm sick of this fighting! I told them to hush and we'd figure it out when we got to the park. I guess you can tell who won....






Since the whole district was out today, Alpha saw a boy from her class there. We shared our dessert with him and then he and Alpha played together quite a bit. I think this picture is so cute, but Jim's not too happy about a boy with his arm around his daughter. LOL!






Here is Alpha at the Castle. It's a famous landmark, kind of like the Old Mill in NLR.








I got this cute one of both girls when Beta asked me to pick her up and put her on this ledge. Alpha went around to the front and poked her head through the door that Beta is standing in front of.











Ok. Maybe this wasn't nice. But this couple was sitting on this bench in the wonderful dappled sunlight. And they were asleep!!! I know the guy was asleep and it sure looked like the lady was as well. I just thought it was funny. It was a wonderful afternoon to sit outside and take a nap. I almost wish I could have joined them!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun day!

Don't you love how 7:30 is sleeping late?

Anonymous said...

ok, so the old couple sleeping?

i totally would have taken a picture of them, too!