Sunday, November 30, 2008

Update

Well, I haven't blogged in a week. I guess I should give you all an update. Although it seems kind of pointless to do that since I saw over half my readership at some point during the past 5 days....

Here are the highlights:

Sun - Alpha wakes me up at 3 am to tell me it hurts when she coughs. She has a fever of 102.6. Later that morning, she's diagnosed with strep throat.

Mon - Jim stays home with Alpha. That afternoon, I take Beta to an allergy appointment follow-up. The doctor recognizes that she is sick. He orders a strep test for her. It comes back negative. (after much fighting and teeth clenching.....motherhood is not for the faint of heart!)

Tues - I stay home with both girls. Even though Beta wasn't officially diagnosed, we're pretty sure she has strep. I don't want to ruin anyone else's Thanksgiving so we keep her home. That night, her temp is 102 before bedtime.

Wed - Beta wakes up with 101.1 temp. Time to see the doctor! I take her to the walk-in clinic where Alpha was seen. I try to convince them that she doesn't need another strep test since she's got the same symptoms as her sister. IT WORKS! No strep test and a prescription! Whew!

Thurs - Turkey Day! We have lunch with Jim's grandparents in Benton. Pop takes the grandkids on a ride in his trailer attached to a 4-wheeler. Awesome! They love it! That night we have Thanksgiving supper at my mom's house with all my family.

Fri - Shopping! Jim and I tackle the crowds. But not too early. We got out about 9:00 and things weren't too bad. Although, we tried shopping at Toys R Us in Little Rock. The line to check out wound all the way around the store! It was probably an hour long in and of itself! We left without buying anything. (Amazon, here we come!) That night we met Alpha's and Beta's cousins, J and Z, for an evening at Chuck E. Cheese. FUN!

Sat - My birthday! I'm 29! (again.....) We have my birthday lunch at mom's house with Matt & Robin. The girls baked cupcakes for me the day before while Jim and I were out shopping. They were yummy! I got a purse from Matt & Robin, and a billfold from Jim. Yay! We left about 2:15 and made it home exactly 3 hours later. Beta fell asleep almost as soon as we hit the freeway, so we just kept on truckin'! (Let sleeping dogs and babies lie.....)

Today - It snowed! The first snowfall of this season. It was funny how we found out. I got up, got my shower, and dressed like normal. I was making breakfast. Alpha was up so I asked her to go get the paper. (it lands on the front porch) She opens the door and screams, "IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!" Beta runs to the door and looks out. They both scream! They run in to tell Daddy, "It's snowing! It's snowing! We're not lying! It's snowing!"

It has snowed ALL DAY. It's been light, but steady. Luckily, the temp has stayed above freezing so none of it really stuck. I don't know if they'll have school tomorrow or not. I hope they do just so neither of us has to have a kid at work or try to work from home. Plus, I don't like going later in the summer....

So there you go. You are all officially updated. Here are some pics of the weekend:

Z wearing his "Mary Poppins Hat", as he called it. It's a craft hat he found in Meme's house.







The kids on Pop's trailer. Our kids are up at the front so you can't see them.







Happy Birthday to me!








Look on the left-hand side, near the house. Those white dots are snow!







Bonus pic! This is from Lights of the Ozarks last Saturday. The girls each wanted a "light saber". Alpha's is green and Beta's is blue. When Alpha woke me up last Sunday to say her throat hurt, she had used this green sword to find her way to our room. All I saw when I opened my eyes was green!

No comments: