Saturday, March 31, 2007

Interpreting kindergarten speech

Ok. (This one's for you, Robin!) So yesterday, Alpha gets in the car after school and says "Mommy! I got an award for having no lights pulled in March!" They have to pull "stoplights" if they are bad in class. First red, to stop their behavior, then yellow for caution, then green. Don't ask me why it's backwards.

Anyway, Alpha is very excited because she pulled no lights all month. For her award, she got a pencil, to dig in the "treasure chest" (has cheap toys in it), and a surf ticket. This is what she told me. I said "surf ticket?" She said "yes, I can't say it very well." So on the way to pick up Beta at preschool, I'm trying to figure out what kind of ticket she had and what kind of event we were going to have to go to.

Later that night, she actually showed me and her dad her "surf ticket". It's a nice piece of paper that says "This award is for pulling no lights in March." THAT'S when it finally hit me: CERTIFICATE! I don't know who looks sillier. Her or me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, that's pretty cute!

It made me smile because I could SEE her saying that to you.

I made Matt read this one!

He laughed. :)