Monday, July 16, 2007

Jamaica, Day 3


Thursday, July 5

After the devastating scuba experience the previous day, I was determined to get out on the water somehow! So, we decided to kayak! I figured if I was horrible under the water, maybe I'd be better ON TOP of the water. Besides, I've done canoeing before. I can DO that. Once again, it was beautiful! You truly could see straight to the bottom in about 8 feet of water. (the glass-bottom boat guide had told us how deep it was) (What? You thought I got in?) We stayed out a fairly long time. Jim tried leaning over the side to look, but I told him I had gotten out of my comfort zone enough yesterday and really didn't feel like doing more today. Besides, after our boat ride, I KNEW what was down there!

After spending the rest of the morning in the pool, we decided to stick to the shade. Our shoulders were already starting to turn pink! They had a game pavilion as well as xbox. We played some ping pong with old paddles and a nearly broken ball. THEN, I took on the ultimate challenge. FOOS BALL! See, Jim's office has always been into games. First ping pong, now foos ball. So, when we started to play, he thought he had it all sewn up! Well, I had news for him! See, I attended youth at church when I was a teenager. So, I was pretty good at playing on BROKEN foos ball tables. He's used to playing on NEW foos ball tables. To make a long story short, I WON! TWICE!!!

I figured that was to get him back for the scuba diving.... Just kidding!

Evening, our last night!!!
*sniff* Our last night in paradise! It was fun, exciting, and a little sad. We got all dolled up and went to the fanciest restaurant they had. It was WONDERFUL! It felt like prom or something. I haven't been that dressed up probably since our wedding. Well, ok. There was Matt & Robin's wedding and my friend Holly's wedding, but that's different. I found this fabulous red dress at Charlotte Russe in the NW Ark mall. For only $30! Regular price! I bought the shoes at wal-mart for $8 (yes, cheap) and the jewelry at wal-mart for about $15. We ate at Eleanor's and had filet mignon and some sort of fish. (Jim can't remember now) They even brought us passion fruit sorbet to cleanse our palate. Afterwards, we just walked around the property and tried not to think about the next day.

No comments: