Sunday, July 29, 2007

Viva Pinata!

Boy, this weekend has flown by! It's 10:30 on Sunday night, and I'm not sure how I got here. I'm not ready for Monday. I rather like the weekends. I am also done reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It was a good book. Overall, I liked it. And now I can resume my normal life that involves laundry and paying bills.



But for now, let me tell you about my mom's and sister-in-law's birthday party! It was rockin'! We had KFC for lunch and then chocolate cupcakes (decorated by Alpha & Beta) for "cake".







After cake and presents, we went outside and had our very first Pinata! Nobody present had ever had a pinata before. Ours was Spongebob. Here he is hanging from a hook in the carport.

Aunt Robin got the first crack at him.





After having Uncle Matt pull the line awhile, the girls and Grandmother got in on the act. Uncle Matt was blindfolded and tried to hit it. They did a good job moving Spongbob out of the way.






However, after several frustrating and inefficient hits, Uncle Matt knocked off Spongbob's leg! Then he either hit a hole in him or found the special "tab" that would let the candy fall out on its own. Here is Beta drowning in candy!






And so, we all had attended our first pinata party! The girls loved it! It was even fun for the rest of us because it was something different. Every one commented on how much fun it was.

And if you can't have a pinata on your ___th and ___th, birthdays, when can you have one?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the pinata party was very fun! Great idea!! :0)

I do have to say, though, that in the last picture, I look like I have no arms. I believe that's when I was shaking out the candy, so my arms are above my head.

It was a very fun party!! :0)