Sunday, July 8, 2007

What a week!

Hi, all! We have had one heck of a week! So much so that I'm going to split it up into small pieces and blog about them separately.

So think of this as a real time blog. Only it's a week off.

Saturday, June 30 to Sunday July 1
Beta started having breathing problems again. I gave her the inhaler, but it wasn't helping much. I even called the after hours line. About midnight, the nurse said she was going to need steroids and to take her to the emergency room. *sigh* AGAIN. Back in May, when Jim was out of town, I had had to take Beta there because she was not getting enough air.

So, Beta and I sat in the emergency room from 1 am until 5 am. I swear. Why can't my kids get sick at 7:00 pm on Saturday night? Why 1 am???

Anyway, to make a boring story short, we got sent home with a steroid dose and some antibiotics. She was also diagnosed with the beginnings of pneumonia. Wonderful.

Meanwhile, we were scheduled to leave on vacation that very afternoon! I debated whether or not we should even go, but Beta was dead set on "going to grandmudders house". I figured all I could do was sit here and give her medicine, which my mother could do as well, so we went.

And tomorrow, I will detail our long trip down to JAMAICA! It was a 10th anniversary/second honeymoon type of trip. It was AWESOME!!!

I'll leave you with a view of the Caribbean Sea as seen from our airplane. Those are clouds, not bubbles! And yes, it really was THAT blue!

No comments: