Thursday, December 20, 2007

Callin' in the big guns!

With Christmas only 4 days away, I thought I'd share a little of our own family's Christmas preparations with you. This email is reprinted here, by permission of my husband, to show his ingenuity, creativity, and parenting-oomph.

*************************************************************************************
This morning Beta was pitching the end-all of fits in the back of
the car -- kicking, screaming, the works. So as we pulled away from
the house, I decided to get her attention. I pulled out my cell phone
and made sure she could see that I was "dialing."

"Hello? Yes, Santa please... thank you."
"..."
"Hello, Santa? Yes, this is Jim Kane. That report I sent you last
night, about Beta Kane? I think I'll need to make some changes to
it."
"..."
"OK, thanks, I'll send you the details later today."

"Alright, merry Christmas!"

You could have heard a bug fart in that car the rest of the trip. By
the time we got to preschool, she had cooled off and was fine.
************************************************************************************

Isn't that great? Rosemond would be proud. It feels weird to pull something like that, but boy, does it work like a charm!

My last thing of the evening, I need to give a shout out (podcast speak) to a new blogger. Jennifer Felio, one of my really good friends from college, finally has a blog! Her husband, David, another one of my good friends from college, has been blogging for a very long time. Go read both of theirs. They have very interesting things to say.

No comments: