Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tree-o!

The Great Christmas Tree Hunt of '07 is over! 3 times over, in fact.

Yes. We have 3 Christmas trees. All decorated. I call them our "tree-o". (Get it?)

Here is our main Christmas tree:

It is a real, cut frasier fir. 8 feet tall. With nearly a 5 foot diameter at the bottom! It contains all our most treasured ornaments.









Next, we have the girls' little tree.


We got this tree about 3 years ago. We bought it so the girls could hang their own (unbreakable) ornaments without messing up the real tree. Or hurting themselves. We all love this tree. The girls get to hang multiple ornaments on the top branch and I don't have to sweat seeing the big tree full of plastic-y things.





Finally, our newest addition!


A 4 feet tall, artificial white tree! As we were looking for artificial trees this year (long story), I kept seeing the white ones. I knew we didn't want to purchase a 7 ft tall white tree and pay over $100 for it. However, when we'd go look, I'd just stare at the white tree and love it! I can't really explain or describe why. I'm so traditional, and it just bunks tradition.

Anyway, my grandmother sent me some birthday money. I wasn't sure what to spend it on until we went to Wal-Mart last Friday. That's when I saw it. My 4 ft tall white tree for only $25!!!!! I bought the blue bead garland, blue ornaments, and candy canes. I got a blue picture-ornament that I put one of our family pictures from last year in. I also found a tree skirt for a table top tree that fits this one perfectly! I have some blue ribbon for the top, but I just haven't had time to make a bow.

Beta LOVES it! We set it on my grandmother's music cabinet in the foyer so it could be seen from the window. (Jim says he always wanted a tree you could see from the window.) It reminds me of my grandmothers. My grandmother Helen always had a small tree set on a table. She never (or very, very rarely) had a larger tree. My grandmother Clark at one point DID have an aluminum Christmas tree with the color wheel! So this one kind of reminds me of her, too.

And that, dear readers, is how we managed to have 3 trees in our house, decorated, all at the same time. Maybe next year Jim can have one of HIS own. In the office. Reaching the ceiling. Adorned with computers, xbox games, and LED lights!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My brother and I also had our own little tree and ornaments that we could "play with." It's a great idea! I hope to do that with my kids.

Anonymous said...

Neat trees! Mom always wanted a white tree with blue lights and ornaments. Manda and I threw serious fits anytime she mentioned "artificial tree". She never got that white tree...

Anonymous said...

um, so updates? new pictures?

hello?