Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Chrisvalter presents

Welcome to Chrisvalter Eve! This is a new tradition that I started without even meaning to. Let me explain:

A couple or three years ago, for Valentine's day, I got the girls some gifts. I left a trail of hearts for them to follow to find the "hidden" gifts. That's the only time I've ever done it, but now Alpha has been saying, "You remember that one time when you made us follow those hearts?" So that is why I found myself cutting out paper hearts tonight at 9:30 and taping suckers to them, numbering them, and placing them in various areas around the house.

I made up the name as I was finishing. It is a combination of the words, "Christmas", "Valentine's", and "Easter". Chris-val-ter. (with a short "a" sound) It felt like Christmas, since the girls are asleep. It's kind of like an Easter egg hunt, but it's all for Valentine's day.

NO, Jim, it's not FESTIVUS!

Hope everyone does have a Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

David Felio said...

"NO, Jim, it's not FESTIVUS!"

Well, obviously. Festivus was 2 months ago.

Unknown said...

Happy icky-icky day to you!!

:D