Saturday, February 2, 2008

I did it!

FINALLY!!!!! I conquered the clutter! Tonight, I managed to sort through all the excess toys lying around and divide them up into donate and keep piles! The office has been crowded by all the toys the girls didn't want in their rooms any more. I've also gone through both girls' rooms and gotten toys they don't play with any more, but haven't outgrown, into rubbermaid crates. They are stored in the tops of their closets.

Beta's room isn't quite finished. She took a late nap today so I couldn't ask her which toys she wanted to keep and which she wanted to get rid of. Although that latter part might not happen......She's a bit too sentimental.

Alpha, on the other hand, was like "get these childish things out of my room!" She didn't say those exact words, but she did suggest that some of her things were "childish". That is her new word. She can't stand anything that is remotely "babyish". I think we've entered a new era. *sniff*

Anyway, I just had to shout it from the rooftops! We've got one car's trunk packed with toys to donate to preschool. The other's trunk has Salvation Army toys in it. I've also got a few things hidden away that are going to a consignment sale in about a month. Whoohoo! Now we might actually HAVE an OFFICE where we can both work. It's so exciting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Getting rid of stuff is freeing, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Doesn't it feel good to clear the clutter? But, you should have told me you were doing this because I seriously would have driven up there to help! Cleaning & organizing is ALMOST more fun than Christmas!

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

Robin, you have a sick mind. And don't think we're anywhere near done with this room.... Maybe you can come up and help us decide how to best utilize the space we created.

Yes, Jennifer, it is very freeing! I just hope we can get the stuff to Salvation Army without too much trouble.