Sunday, June 22, 2008

4 down, 16 to go

Alpha lost another tooth tonight! Well, sorta. I had to pull it.

And I got squeamish about it! I don't know why. Her first tooth fell out on its own at school. Her second tooth, I had to pull. I twisted it to get it to come out. Her third tooth fell out when she wiggled it at bedtime. With a babysitter here. The silly tooth fairy was a day late on her payment with that one!

So why was this one so difficult for me? Probably because she begged me not to hurt her. She said "don't twist it! That will hurt!" So I tried my best not to twist. The problem was, the front was still stuck so I had to use a little, teeny bit of force...

We were both surprised when it came out! She didn't cry or scream. Until she saw it. Then, WAAAHHHH!!! I hugged her and said I was sorry but that some teeth are just harder to get out than others. I'm afraid she'll refuse to let me near her mouth in the future.

(I'm also worried about Beta watching all this. She is more like me, and little things bother her more than they bother alpha. So I'm afraid she'll end up hating loose teeth like I did.)

Anyway, it's over now. Both girls are asleep and the tooth fairy is sure to make an appearance tonight.

If she stays awake that long......

No comments: