Sunday, June 1, 2008

Recital Time!


Yesterday was Beta's very first dance recital! She loved it! She sat very still while I put her hair in a bun and put makeup on her. Then she walked right on in where I had to drop her off and didn't even look back. Or cry. Or do anything to make her happy/sad mother know that she loved her and was very grateful for all those weeks of dance lessons! But I digress......

Beta was very mature and handled everything just fine. She was one of the best dancers in her class. She knew her dances better than almost anyone else.

She also loved all the STUFF she got. Candy, dog purses, more candy, headbands, the list goes on and on. I'm thinking it was probably worth it to her just for the gifts. haha!

On Tuesday of this week she'll start gymnastics. She wants to take gymnastics because her older sister takes gymnastics. Or did. Alpha wants the summer off. At least I'm still only at the dance/gym center 1 hour a week. I don't know what we'll do for fall. We'll figure that out in August....

Oh, and this morning, as we were getting ready for church, Beta asked me if she could wear her dance costume to church. Um, no. Then she asked if she could at least put all her makeup back on. Um, double no. She tried to guilt me into allowing it by saying "but YOU wear makeup, mommy!" I told her that I was an adult and adults can do that sort of thing.

No comments: