Saturday, June 7, 2008

I've got 9 and 12 years, respectively.

God answered a prayer for me last night. He helped me to laugh. For reasons I know not, I just have not been happy the past few weeks. I haven't been terribly upset, just in a funk. I thought things would slow down and be more fun after tax season. That hasn't happened. But as for specific things that upset me, I have no clue. There is nothing wrong at work, the kids are healthy, Jim and I are healthy. We sold the organ and were able to use the proceeds to do some fun things. The second mortgage got paid off. So why the sadness? I have no idea.

Anyway, last night after eating at Larry's Pizza, we came home in order to save money and gas. And get the girls to bed early. Well, that didn't happen. Instead, the girls wanted to go outside and ride in their Cinderella car. We got this car from Santa for Christmas '05. They haven't ridden it as much as they would like because every time they want to, its battery needs to be charged.

Well, last night it all came together. And I smiled. And I laughed! And it was some of the most fun we've all had in weeks!

Update: For any readers of this blog who might not have understood the title.....Alpha is 7 so she has 9 years until she's 16. Beta is 4 so she has 12 years until she's 16. May those years take an eternity to get here.

Here is the proof:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love how beta's wearing her bow that goes with her dance recital costume! :)

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

Oh, yes. Every time we drive by a sorority house up here, Jim says she's going to be one of the "bow heads".