Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fair Days, Fair Days!

I've been gone. Out of town. Busy. First, I had a CPE conference to attend in Little Rock. So I drove down Wednesday and spent the night with my mom. Jim and the girls drove down Friday night. (and managed not to kill each other.....) Saturday, we had our quarterly family birthday celebration! We celebrated Jim's, Matt's and Emily's birthdays. Jim's was Sept 20, Matt's was Oct 9 and Emily's is Oct 27.

Without planning, 4 of us wore purple shirts! This picture includes my cousin Kayla, me, Aunt Martha, and my mother.

After the birthday party, we all went to the state fair! My girls were so excited. We ended up staying way too late so we got home way late on Saturday. (or was it Sunday then? I forget.....) Anyway, here are some pictures from my weekend.

This is Beta holding her nose because the cows were "stinky".
Here they are on the dumbo ride. It's good to have a big sister to pull the bar for you. :)

Snow cones in October?

This picture is horrible. I'm "doing the weather" at KARK's booth. I thought it was a really neat idea! They set up a green screen and let you do the weather like the regular weather people do. The kids were way funnier than me. And I wish that was only the camera adding that extra 10 pounds.
Alpha got to milk a fake cow again. She did it last year and really enjoyed it.

The Farris Wheel. One of the last things we did. Alpha and Beta got to sit with Grandmother while Jim and I sat on the other side. The girls liked it at first, but then, we couldn't get off! The operators kept missing us. Alpha got mad because she was ready to move on to other things....Beta stayed pretty happy though. Neither of them stayed in their seats, which made me almost hysterically nutty. I think I managed to control my self fairly well, in the end. :)

No comments: