Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Halloween sneak-peek!

We've had a fun weekend! Friday, Alpha was out of school for parent teacher conferences. I took the day off so we could go see High School Musical 3!!!! omg!!!! It's TROY!!!! Troy and Gabriella finally kissed. But only briefly. The movie was, well, about what you've come to expect from HSM. It was a fitting end. (Even if I did sit there and wish Jim was with me so I could make some snide comments....) The girls loved it, so it's all good.

Funny moment: We're about 5 minutes into the movie when Beta leans over and asks in a loud whisper, "Mommy, when is High School Musical 4 coming out???"

Saturday was mulch day! I got out and mulched all the plants I'm supposed to mulch every year. The yard looks nice now, but my back kinda hurts....

Saturday night we went to a Halloween birthday party! The girls got to wear their Halloween costumes for the first time. (so we get more than one use out of them. Yay!) I've got some cool pics I'll post at the end.

Today, we finished up the mulch, planted a gardenia bush in the backyard, and went to community group. Oh yea, and Alpha practiced riding her bike without training wheels! But that's for another post.

The girls are really looking forward to this Friday. It'll be fun to trick-or-treat in a neighborhood with houses. Two years ago, our first Halloween here, it was kind of sparse. Now we've got houses all up and down our street!

Well, it's getting late. So here are those special sneak-peek preview pics I promised:


For those of you with absolutely no pop-culture influence whatsoever, we've got an American cheerleader and Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. (Notice her basket with Toto!)

2 comments:

amyj said...

We've got a Dorthy at our house, too...Alpha and Beta are cute!!

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

Thanks! I thought of you and Kate when we bought the red shoes. (And that disastrous comment I made asking if they came from Target when they had really come from the North Pole......)