Sunday, November 23, 2008

38 down....

82 hours of CPE to go!

I finished another self-study course on Friday. This one was the half-price fraud course I got at the same time I bought my ethics course. So now I've got 5 more hours of CPE to count towards my 120!

I've also got courses on C Corps (2hrs), S Corps (2hrs), and Minister Taxation (10 hrs) waiting in the wings.

Plus, next week I am attending the tax update conference on Thursday and Friday. Yeehaw....BUT, it's 16 hours of group study CPE! So it'll be worth it.

So after this conference and the 3 self-study courses I have, I'll only need 52 more hours! Yay!

Things will have to stop for tax season. No one does CPE during tax season. Heck, tax season is the reason we do CPE!

I may try and do a course or two in January just to get a few more hours out of the way. My goal is to be able to apply for my license next summer.

Jim has said he is taking me out to celebrate once I get it. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Kim said...

You should get a whole weekend get-a-way to celebrate. Tell Jim to start saving now :)

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

Good idea! I'll mention it to him....

Anonymous said...

yes, i do believe a whole weekend away is a good idea!