Saturday, November 8, 2008

Bargain Guardian Angel Returns!

My Bargain Guardian Angel is back! She has visited me again and blessed me twice in one day!

This afternoon, the girls and I went coat shopping. Oh joy. "Shopping with the girls" USED to be fun. Now, not so much. So we were at J.C. Penney's looking for winter coats. (they keep growing every year...I guess b/c we keep feeding them.) There had been some "doorbuster" sales earlier in the day, but we had missed them. Well, unbeknownst to us, they had another sale starting at 3:00! This one gave you $10 off a $50 purchase and I guess $15 off a $75 purchase because that's what we got! The girls coats were $35 and $40. So instead of paying close to $80 with sales tax, I only paid $65!!!! Whohooo!!!!!!

My second instance came after we got home. You all know I've been trying hard to rack up the CPE so I can apply to be a CPA. Well, I was looking at this website called Pass Online. They sell online CPE, downloadable CPE, as well as books and CDs. I found an ethics course that I need. It is 2 hours of CPE for $40. Not bad. When I clicked on "purchase", a note popped up that said "Wait! Add a non-ethics course to your order for 50% off!" Hmmmm. I was intrigued. I had been looking at a $65.95 fraud course and it seemed really interesting. So I went and added that one to my order. When I clicked on the checkout button, it had added that course and given me a $33 discount! So I got a 5 hour A&A (accounting and auditing) course for only $33!!! I don't know when I'll have time to do it, but the website said their courses are good for one year from date of purchase.

For comparison purposes, an 8-hour, day-long, CPE seminar-type class usually runs around $200. Two day courses are close to $400 easily. So that's about $25/credit hour. I got the ethics course for $20/hr and the fraud course for about $6/hr!

Go me! Go me!

(sorry....)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea! I love good bargains!