Sunday, January 4, 2009

Pictures from the last few days.

Here are some pictures I've taken over the past few days with my brand-new Nikon D40 DSLR camera! (My honey got it for me for Christmas!)

Our first artificial Christmas tree. Or should I call it our "faux" tree? It actually looked pretty good once we fluffed the branches.










The 2nd Kane sleepover! We piled all 4 kids onto the hide-a-bed. It was New Year's Eve and we ALL stayed up until midnight! But once the lights went out, they all crashed.









Thursday night, we were treated to a star party! We got Alpha a telescope for Christmas. Thankfully, Jim paid more attention in science class than I did, so he figured out how to focus it. We found the moon and got to see all the craters! It was pretty awesome. This is a picture of the constellation Cassiopeia, The Crown. It is in the shape of an M. (If I had a tripod where I could position the camera looking straight-up, this would be a much better picture.)

This is my latest project. A coworker began selling products from Uppercase Living back in September or so. I bought one, but just hadn't had the time to figure out what to do with it. At Walmart yesterday, I bought a frame and today I completed it. This is hanging in my kitchen. The only problem is that I start singing Malotte's "Lord's Prayer" every time I look at it! LOL!

No comments: