Tuesday, January 6, 2009

TV

Jim got me started on watching The Biggest Loser. I avoid reality shows like the plague. I think 99.9999999999% of them are trash. However, somehow we ended up watching one of the last shows of last season's The Biggest Loser. It was actually heartwarming and inspiring. So tonight was the two-hour season premier.

I watched it while I walked on the treadmill.

Man, talk about motivation! I kept cranking the treadmill speed up as I went along. LOL!

It was ok. There are a few things that bother me about it. The lady trainer is mean. I couldn't stand listening to her. I know anger can sometimes be a big motivator, but I thought these people needed encouragement more than fighting words. The guy trainer was nicer.

I also wonder how they can lose 20 and 30 pounds in a WEEK! I thought that wasn't safe. I mean, these people obviously have lots to lose, but isn't that a bit much? Is that healthy? I also wonder how they will do once they are home. Anybody could go exercise constantly, eat very little and drop 20 pounds of water weight easily. But I didn't think that kind of weight stayed off.

I may tune in next week. It really wasn't a bad show.

What I WON'T tune into is the show that comes on after that. I have no idea what it was. Probably a CSI variant. I didn't click the show off before the next one started. It was about a teenage girl who had been abducted at age 14 and held as some guy's sex slave for 4 years. She finally escaped. The detectives were trying to use her to locate the guy, but she wasn't cooperating. I finally turned it off after she slit her wrists and was rushed to the hospital.

YUCK!!! Who can stand to watch this trash??????????????? WHY would anyone want to fill their mind with these horrible, disturbing thoughts? These shows have always given me nightmares. I am still thinking about it. I will probably be dreaming about horrible stuff during the night, and then when I wake up, I will STILL have this type of thing on my mind. Shows like this scared me as a child. They TERRIFY me as a parent!

I think I'll stick with Food Network. On the treadmill, of course. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't stand "reality" tv either. When someone I know says they just love reality tv and watch as many as they can, my estimation of them goes down a bit. I can't help it. I'm glad you don't like it either. Soon though there'll be nothing for us to watch which might not be a bad thing.