Monday, March 9, 2009

Dog Days

Well, the dog days of March are upon us! Wait, you're asking...dog days of.....March? Yes. You see, we seem to have found a dog.

Or rather, he found us. And we're not keeping him. Not for long, anyway. :)

The girls were playing outside while I was fixing supper tonight. (thanks to saving-daylight time) When all of a sudden they open the kitchen door and are shouting something about a dog. I look down, and in runs the cutest little black puppy! Yep. Straight into my kitchen. I think he smelled the chicken I was fixin'. LOL!

He is incredibly clean and is wearing a flea collar. Uh oh. Someone's dog got out. Thankfully Jim was home and just happened to have a leash. (it's a long story....) Off they went to find the owner.

They walked. and walked. and walked. All the while they talked. and talked. and talked about what we were going to do with the dog, how we would feed it, and we'd have to give it a bath!

No luck.

We ended up eating supper while a whiny puppy yelped at us through the window. After supper, the girls took baths (after much coaxing and a threat or two) and Jim set off to find the owner. He was gone nearly 2 hours.

Nothing. Nada. Nobody knows who the dog belongs to.

So back out Jim goes. This time to walmart to buy food and a crate. While he's gone the dog is in the backyard. Yelping. Then he starts to howl. I'm starting to worry about how this is gonna go. Then, it gets quiet. Now I'm really worried because I think the dog has gotten out of our backyard! But he hadn't. I peeked outside and could see him. He had fallen fast asleep right up next to our back door. Awwwwwww.........

Long story short, Jim got the dog in the crate. He yelped at first, but I think the 2 hour walk wore him out. He is now sleeping soundly in the crate in our kitchen.

Jim says "when" I hear him in the night, I can just wake Jim up and he'll take him out. I'm like, oh no...YOU'RE going to hear him! (It's strange how a man may not develop daddy ears with the babies, but I bet he develops "mommy ears" with this dog! haha!)

To be continued.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think jim is attached to this dog b/c on his facebook status, he already named the dog "jazz".

if the dog is howling, is it a beagle?

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

He almost looks like part mini-schnauzer and part beagle. He's the cutest little thing!

The girls were trying to name him last night. I kept reminding them that he is SOMEONE ELSE'S dog!

Anonymous said...

awwwww, he's a combo of maisy & donut! :) that means you HAVE to keep him.