Thursday, March 12, 2009

Good news!

We found him! We heard our doorbell ring at 7:00 this morning. Our neighbor, Sue, who lives directly across the street from us, said, "you know that little dog your husband had? Do you know who the owner is? He stayed in my house last night, but I've got to go to work and I just can't leave him at home with my 2 dogs. Do you mind keeping him for today?"

I cannot tell you the joy we had! I quickly said yes and she brings him over on a leash with a little doggie coat on! She said he'd had breakfast and everything. He even slept in her bed last night!

So he is at our house now. He's staying in the laundry room because they are predicting sleet and junk for today.

The girls were thrilled! I did remind them, however, that he's not our dog. I told them to think about how horrible they felt last night, and imagine that that's how his real owner is still feeling right now. He's been gone since Monday.

So we're going to make flyers up tonight and hopefully put them up. I'm afraid the girls will be said again when the owner comes, but at least it'll be happy for the dog. We were so worried that something bad had happened to him.

Praise God! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i saw the pic jim put on his facebook page. he is SO CUTE!!! i can see how the girls could fall in love with him so easily. :)

that is also hilarious that the lady brought him back with a coat on! :) i don't even have a coat for maisy! :)

you should read the comment jim made under the pic of the dog on his fb page. so funny!

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful news! I'm so glad he was well-cared-for during the cold night. So sweet!

Anonymous said...

Please fix all the places under the fence where he might get out. Dogs can squeeze through tiny little holes.