Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dog update

Well, we still have him. It rained last night (stormed) so we couldn't get out and walk to any more houses. Jim is putting ads in local papers. He also filed a found dog report at the animal shelter. He took him to the vet, but he doesn't have a micro chip in him saying who he belongs to.

I just have to say.....this is the best behaved puppy I've ever seen! He slept the ENTIRE night on Monday in his crate. Didn't make a peep!

And last night, he did the same thing! Well, ok. So he cries when he first goes in to the crate. Jim asked if there was Ferber-izing for dogs... But it only takes about 10 minutes and then he is perfectly quiet. The whole night! We're liking this crate thing.

I've got video of the girls playing with him, but I haven't had a chance to upload it yet. My favorite dog mishap was Tuesday morning. Jim let the dog in while we were eating breakfast. Beta got down to pet him and he jumped up and licked her in the face. She started crying. We assured her he was just licking her and not biting her. She said "But I don't like to be licked..."

I didn't really blame her. He's a puppy, so he nips. And even though we assure everyone he is NOT biting, his stinkin' little teeth are sharp! He also jumps. Which isn't bad for us, but on Beta he comes up to her waist.

So we'll try to print up flyers tonight and see where that gets us. I just know the owner has to be out there somewhere. We live in the middle of a neighborhood with at least 75 houses, and we're surrounded by two other neighborhoods. I just don't think this one is a stray. He even came with a collar!

Wish us luck!

No comments: