Monday, November 26, 2007

Goodbye, Mugglenet

I am taking off my link to Mugglenet. I have not listened to the last 3 of their podcasts.

Because they insulted Christians.

Once the whole "Dumbledore is gay" story broke, there was tons of discussion. In one of the discussions, they brought up all the laws from Leviticus. Seeing as how most of us don't follow those dietary and lifestyle restrictions any more, this one mugglecaster in particular said that we shouldn't follow the law against being gay. But she didn't stop there. She kept going and ended up saying that Christians were "stupid and immature" for believing in all that stuff. She said the Bible is a rich historical text that was relevant in its own time but is not relevant any more.

The next podcast, all they did was apologize profusely for those statements. The mugglecaster tried to say she meant only "radical Christians" and not mainstream Christians. But really, the apology sounded more like "I'm sorry because I offended our listeners" and not "I didn't really mean that." She is obviously not a Christian herself or she would not talk that way.

Then, today, I went to Mugglenet for the first time in about a week. Their poll was asking which book series you would read before seeing the movie. Narnia 2 was on there but so was The Golden Compass. For those of you who don't know, The Golden Compass is a new "kids" movie coming out based on a book by a self-described atheist who wants to banish God from kids' minds. They also have an ad for The Golden Compass on their website.

I would like to point out that this has nothing to do with the Harry Potter series. I do not think it is a sin to read those books. To me, they are a-religious, not anti-religious. You can find religious symbolism in them, if you look hard enough and stretch a few things, but all in all they are not for or against religion. They are totally secular in nature.

Therefore, so long Mugglenet! It was fun while it lasted.

I'll pray for you.

No comments: