Friday, November 16, 2007

TGIF!

Ah. Friday. I've always like Friday. Who hasn't? I was born on a Friday. The work week has ended. Saturday and Sunday are USUALLY open for doing pretty much anything. You can sleep in. At least a little bit.

My Friday went pretty well. Work was productive. I learned how to do a 990 Tax-exempt organization return. It's what charities have to file so they don't have to pay taxes. I swear. The IRS can smell money from 1000 miles away! If you're collecting any, they're gonna find out about it, and you'd better report it.

Speaking of, I got my first paycheck today for my new job! whooo! Go me!

Alpha had an ok Friday. Her class went on a field trip to see a play at the high school. She said it was ok. Her teacher was out at a meeting so they had a sub. I don't envy that sub one bit!

Beta did not have a good Friday. She was cranky when she woke up from her nap. She threw a big fit at snack time. This is totally unlike her at preschool. She does it at home quite frequently. I was sorry they had to endure it. I worry about my working. I'm afraid she'll grow to resent it b/c it means she has to go to preschool every day. However, 99% of the time she LOVES preschool! I'm also worried that she'll get burned out on learning things and not care to do so when she hits kindergarten. These are really my only worries. I'm not worried about her development at all. She fits in socially and is learning a lot. Also, her preschool doesn't push the learning. They do learn, and she's expected to sit there and listen, but it's not like report cards and conferences and strict teachers. Like I said, 99% of the time she LOVES the place!

Jim had a good Friday. We went out to eat at TGI Friday's tonight. (How appropriate!) (ok.....we had a coupon.) Jim got the cajun shrimp and chicken pasta. I got the cedar-seared salmon pasta. YUM!!! It was one of the best meals out we've had in a long time. Alpha got spaghetti with carrots and ranch dressing on the side. Beta got macaroni and cheese with french fries on the side. AND, they both chose chocolate milk to drink! Of their own accord! That was a nice change.

So now it's time to hit the bed and not get up right away. Here's to the weekend! Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we were at target tonight & saw the CUTEST early christmas present for the girls! so, of course, we got it for them! i can't wait for them to see it on thursday!