Sunday, March 9, 2008

Clothes shopping

So I went shopping tonight. For an Easter dress. Do you KNOW how difficult that can be? Please allow me a mini rant.

Have you SEEN the dresses they have these days? WHERE did they get those patterns? I guess it's called "retro". I prefer to call it "ugly". I saw a dress at Kohl's that seriously looked like it could be found at a Salvation Army thrift store. It was beige with a little bit of red. It looked like an old sofa.

And these colors! Beige, muted sea foam green, bright lime green. ICK! Where are all the spring colors? Pink, yellow, white? Why is everything for spring black? Or black with a crazy pattern that's a cross between Austin Powers and "All in the Family".

And the cut! Blousy dresses. They do NOT look good on me. But we're supposed to look Bohemian, I guess. If I put on one of those I would look like a pygmy puff from the Harry Potter books. (except they are much cuter than I would be)

And I won't go into details about my own personal struggle in the dressing room. 2 kids and *mumble mumble* extra pounds can really make you do a double take. And not in a good way.

I guess I should go to bed so I can face the daylight an hour earlier tomorrow.

Yee haw.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

And what's up with all the baby-doll tops and dresses??? It so does not work for those of us who are a shape other than "waifish".

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

amen, sister!

Anonymous said...

This is a great year to be pregnant--I love all these baby-doll tops because they make great maternity clothes! I see your point though; no way I would wear them if I weren't pregnant. My first "maternity" tops came from the teenager section at Penney's. I wondered what all those teens thought about a pregnant woman shopping in their department.

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

Oh that is funny, Jennifer! I would have LOVED to have been there when a teen saw you buying THEIR shirts. I would almost pay to see that.

That could be a really cool practical joke that they show on tv.