Saturday, March 15, 2008

What I was going to post

You remember last week when I said I had 3 ideas for posts but had forgotten all of them? Well, I remembered one!

The setting: Our TV room
The time: After supper
The players: Alpha & Beta
Music: Hannah Montana

Alpha had just used some of her own money to purchase a 2-disc set of Hannah Montana! She loves Hannah Montana. (She informed me tonight that she wants a Hannah Montana bedspread for her birthday, with a Hannah Montana party.)

So the natural thing to do when you have a new cd is turn it up loud and dance to it. So Alpha starts showing me all her cool, Hannah-Montana-ish dance moves. Beta has to get in on the act as well.

Dance! Dance! Dance! CRASH!!!!!!!!

Both girls turn and run into each other head first.

Both girls hold noses.

Both girls begin to cry.

Both girls blame the other one for "not paying attention."

Both girls remove hands and we see.......BLOOD!

Yes, both girls bloodied their noses listening and dancing to Hannah Montana.

I must admit, gentle readers, I had a hard time not laughing at this. I felt bad since both girls were definitely hurt and upset. But the irony just struck me so. It was sad, though, because they both had been SO happy only moments before.

We then declared it bedtime, and everyone went to bed. With their egos bruised only slightly more than their noses.

No comments: