Friday, March 21, 2008

A first for us!

Right now, this very minute, Jim and I are hosting our very first slumber party! Or bunkin' party. Or sleepover. Whatever you want to call it. Ok, it's not quite our first one with a bunch of giggly girls. But it's a sleepover nonetheless.

Jim's parents, along with his nephews, J & Z, drove up here to see us! They were going to come up a couple of weeks ago, but they had that major snow storm in Little Rock.

Well, somewhere along the way, Jim's parents intimated that they would just get a hotel room for everyone. We knew the girls would be crushed if they didn't have the boys spend the night. So one of us, (I'm not sure who, but he knows who he is....) suggested that maybe the boys could stay here while his parents go to a hotel.

............

Right.

So, that is how we came to be hosting our very first sleepover! All 4 kids are piled onto our hide-a-bed and turned sideways. Alpha read them all a bedtime story and Gramma said their blessings.

And actually, they are SOOOO CUTE!!!! I have some pictures already. (I have a quick video, too, but it was taken with the lights mostly off and I can't get my new iMovie to work tonight.) They each have their own blankets and 1 (or 2) things to sleep with. I am hoping they all sleep all night, but I'm not that naive.

Well, enough of my talk. Here are the 2 best pictures:



















I'd like to go ahead and add a note to this post. I don't want to call it a sad note, but it's not entirely happy. Jim's brother, who is in the National Guard, has left for Iraq. Please keep him and his parents in your prayers.

Now go to bed!!!!!!

No comments: