Saturday, July 5, 2008

Boom! Swoosh! Sparkle!

Happy (belated) 4th of July! We all went down to mom's house this weekend and had a grand ole time! Our weekend included a trip to Build-a-Bear, (grrrrrrr....., marketing!) lunch at a new Mexico Chiquito, and a fireworks show viewed from Dickey Stephens ball park in North Little Rock.

The fireworks part was my favorite. In years past, we would all go down to the NLR side of the river. You would pick your spot of levee and sit down. Then you would be bored and beg for snow cones for the next 2 hours waiting on the fireworks to start. The people on the Little Rock side would be treated to the Arkansas Symphony Orchestra while waiting on it to get dark. Then the orchestra would play in time with the fireworks. (or vice versa) Meanwhile, on our side, it was quiet except for BOOM! SWOOSH! CRACKLE! etc.

Well, this year, we got to hear some of the music because it was piped over to NLR! How cool is that! And we didn't have to sit on the ground. We got to sit in the stands. And the kids got to play in a kiddie area.

And I got on TV!!!!!!!!!

I feel like I committed fraud since the TV station that interviewed me was not the one Matt & Robin work for. Of course, THEIR TV station was nowhere to be seen! (Sorry, guys!) So, at the risk of embarassing myself further, with the extra 10 pounds (I'm SURE the camera added that......) and my hick-like voice, here is the link to me on TV! Once you get there, the video I'm in is "Pops on the River".

Enjoy! (and if you're laughing at me, please don't tell me!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're a local celebrity now! (I actually saw this a few days ago, but something, or maybe someone, distracted me from commenting...) Glad y'all had a good time and the girls weren't scared.