Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Daycare Dailies

This summer, Alpha is staying at the same preschool that Beta goes to. They have a school-age summer program. Alpha LOVES it! They are going to start an after-school program this fall, and I hope to enroll Alpha during tax season.

But let me tell you about yesterday......

I got to Alpha's room, and the entire room is turned upside down with chairs and blankets EVERYWHERE! They are making tents! Just like we used to do at my grandmother's house. (and I'm sure most of you have done at your grandmothers' houses.) The teacher informs me that this is all MY daughter's idea! She mentioned it and so EVERYONE decided to do it. I silently called her "Alpha the instigator."

Today, after we got home, Beta was eating a snack. She says "I'm not M's girlfriend any more, but he KEEPS sitting by me!" "I want to be J's girlfriend." Aaahh, young love. AAAAHHHH! WHAT??? My 4 year old is talking about boyfriends????? No more High School Musical for you! My next thought was that this is how life could very well be. How many of us girls had guys keep tailing us long after we'd made it known that we were NOT interested? (Oh, come on. I'm sure you had a least one person who liked you whom you were not the least bit excited about...) I wonder if I should tell her Daddy?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Within a week of J arriving at his current daycare, A was totally smitten with him. She adores him and kept telling her mom she wanted to take him home.

Then one Friday a couple of months ago, she woke up and told her dad, "J isn't my boyfriend anymore." She's 3!

Best I can tell, nothing has changed. They still play together all the time and enjoy each other's company.