Thursday, July 24, 2008

Score!

My bargain guardian angel is back! For those of you who don't know, I love finding great deals. (it's the cheap accountant in me, I can't help it.) I like to joke that I have a "bargain, guardian angel" who leads me to these great deals. This year has not been a good one for finding deals.

But not any more!!!!!

The girls are at Grandmother's house this week. Yes, an entire week! So this afternoon, I found myself at the mall. I knew I should come home and clean, but it's not every day you get to go shopping all. by. your. self.

So I looked around. Bought a cookie. Looked around some more. And found myself standing in front of The Children's Place. I love that store. Their clothes are well made, colorful, and best of all, affordable. It's a nice alternative to Gymboree.

Anyway, I glance at their fall line. I figure I'll just look at the new stuff and walk out.

Then I see it.

The sign.

"TAKE AN ADDITIONAL 50% OFF ALREADY REDUCED PRICES!"

Wow. Are you kidding me???

So I stop and ask a lady if it's all the sale prices in the store or just the ones on that rack. She says it's everything that's marked down in the store. Oh yes, and there's an additional 15% off for Back to School.

I got the girls some clothes for 65% off the clearance price! Can you believe it?

I bought summer clothes, but a size bigger than they wear now. They have plenty of clothes for this summer.

Here are the pictures of what I bought:

Alpha's is a yellow skort, butterfly shirt, and yellow croc-like shoes.








Beta's is a pink skort, pink tank top, and pink croc-like shoes.








They are going to love them!

Oh, my total bill? $17.67 for 6 items.

Awesome! Thank you bargain guardian angel!

4 comments:

amyj said...

ooo, thanks for the tip! I'm going to head over there today. I, unfortunately, will have 3 children in tow so I probably won't find complete outfits...

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

Oh, yes. It's great fun! I thought about sending out an email to everyone I knew up here telling them to go shop!

Anonymous said...

I don't even know where one is... is there one in Little Rock?

I understand the thrill! My best bargain recently was a jumbo pack of Pampers AND a 3-pack of refill wipes for $4!

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

There is one in the new Midtown shopping center. I've never been to it, but I'd heard about it, and then I went to www.thechildrensplace.com and found it with their store locator. I had gotten some of their clothes at consignment sales and loved them before I ever set foot in a store.